This recipe for chicken salad is really easy to make, but don’t be fooled by its relatively simple ingredients. The combination of Dijon and vinegar give the dressing a tangy bite, and the cranberries and walnuts provide depth of flavor and texture that is lacking in most of the chicken salad recipes out there. I like to serve this on a toasted baguette or as a sandwich on thick slices of whole wheat bread.
Sweet & Crunchy Chicken Salad
¾ cup mayonnaise
1 ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
1 tsp vinegar (white, apple cider, or red wine work best)
2 ½ cups cooked, chopped rotisserie chicken
½ cup finely diced celery
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts
2 Tbsp. basil leaves, chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vinegar (white, apple cider, or red wine work best)
- 2 ½ cups cooked, chopped rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup finely diced celery
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. basil leaves, chopped
- In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently to avoid breaking up the chicken.
- Serve as a sandwich on whole wheat bread, or on toasted slices of French bread.